Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SOAR!
The Southern Ontario Amazing Race (SOAR) is an event that challenges participants physically and mentally. Have you ever watched the Amazing Race on TV and wished you could experience first hand some of the conflicts, frustration and excitement teams go through as they make their way through the challenges? By signing up as a volunteer, you get the chance to catch all the action, watch the drama unfold and participate in a local event for a good cause that has raised over One Million Dollars for The Children’s Foundation of Guelph and Wellington.
Why Should You Volunteer
It’s the perfect way to have fun, meet new people and contribute to the overall success of SOAR!
- Enjoy a fun weekend.
- Participate in a unique event.
- Meet some great people.
- Contribute to a great cause in The Children’s Foundation of Guelph and Wellington.
- Get recognition for your involvement – free food and t-shirt!
- Be able to qualify for one of 5 volunteer teams selected for SOAR 2021
Some of the roles volunteers help with the weekend of the race include:
- Shuttle Driver | Drive racers between challenges (usually an all day affair).
- Challenge Marshalls | Faciliate racer activities at challenges:
- Creative Challenges usually involve puzzles and brain teasers.
- Physical Challenges usually involve sports, building, and lifting.
- Artistic Challenges usually involve visual art, music and drama.
- Food Crew | Help with lunches and dinners for teams as well as delivering lunches and snacks to volunteers.
- Media Crew | Help capture the race by camera, drone, phone as well as posting images on social media throughout the race.
- General (Low Physical) | Help supervise a clue box and sign in teams.
- March 1, 2020 – Officially Accepting Volunteer Applications
- June 4, 2020 – Volunteer Application Deadline
- June 5, 2020 – Racer Orientation
- June 6 and 7, 2020 – Race Weekend