Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SOAR 2017!
The Southern Ontario Amazing Race (SOAR) is an event that challenges participants physically and mentally. Have you ever watched the Amazing Race on TV and wished you could experience first hand some of the conflicts, frustration and excitement teams go through as they make their way through the challenges? By signing up as a volunteer, you get the chance to catch all the action, watch the drama unfold and participate in a local event for a good cause that has raised $800,000 for The Children’s Foundation of Guelph and Wellington.
Why Should You Volunteer
It’s the perfect way to have fun, meet new people and contribute to the overall success of SOAR!
- Enjoy a fun weekend.
- Participate in a unique event.
- Meet some great people.
- Contribute to a great cause in The Children’s Foundation of Guelph and Wellington.
- Get recognition for your involvement – free food and t-shirt!
- Be able to qualify for one of 5 volunteer teams selected for SOAR 2018
Some of the roles volunteers help with the weekend of the race include:
- Shuttle Driver (usually an all day affair)
- Creative Challenges (e.g. puzzles, brain teasers)
- Physical Challenges (e.g. sports, building, lifting)
- Artistic Challenges (e.g. visual art, music and drama challenges)
- Food Crew (Helping with lunch and dinner for teams, delivering lunches and snacks to volunteers)
- Media Crew (photography, videography, social media)
- Low Physical Demand Challenges (e.g. sitting by a clue box, signing in teams)
- June 1, 2017 – Volunteer Application Deadline
- June 2, 2017 – Volunteer Orientation
- June 3 and 4, 2017 – Race Weekend