Are you looking for an innovative way to volunteer while making new friends and helping children in our community? The Southern Ontario Amazing Race is now accepting Race Director applications. SOAR is different than other community volunteering opportunities. As a Race Director you get to help plan, construct and run our race. Join the team and help make the next Southern Ontario Amazing Race a success.
Current Director Positions Available:
The Creative Team creates the challenges and plans all logistical details of the race.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Decide on any infrastructure building requirements – for example new clueboxes and inform the Building Coordinator.
- Coordinate the review and selection of all race weekend locations.
- Plan all challenges from inception, to selection / building of challenge materials, creation and testing of challenge prototypes and assembly of challenge bins.
- Act as Challenge Master to one or more challenges being responsible for ensuring successful completion of all challenge creation activities.
- Visit all locations to identify any potential challenges with sites.
- Write and proofread all challenge materials including clues, Marshal Instructions, maps and other challenge materials.